My article in the Withernsea & District Community News is distributed to coastal and inland homes in East Yorkshire, and is available for touristsPoppy’s Pets
Interview with Pet Database
Did you know?
- Microchip databases can charge up to £20 to update your contact details and operate a lost pet service
- Your chip database must be DEFRA-Approved
- Owners must register their pets and contact the chip database.
- An unregistered microchip is on the database WITHOUT the owner’s contact details
- You won’t be reunited with your found pet if the chip is unregistered or the details are outdated. Eventually, your pet will be sent to a rescue and rehomed (sometimes authorities may euthanise your pet). What can you do to safeguard your pet?
Pet Database is a new DEFRA-Approved microchip database supported by Dog Lost UK.
Its Free service offers:
- Unlimited contact detail updates
- Lost Pet Service
- Sharing on social media
- Notification when a professional scans the microchip
- Notifies dog warden and vets
“You can be fined up to £500 if your dog is registered on a database that is not on the list.”Gov.UK
|Animal Microchips||Animal Tracker||Chipworks||Identibase||MicroChipCentral|
|MicroDogID||My Animal Trace||My Pet||National Veterinary Data Service||Pet Chip Register|
|Pet Database||Pet Identity UK||Petlog||PetScanner||ProtectedPet|
|SmartTrace||Track Your Paws||UK PETtrac MicroChip Database||We Trace Pets|
The law states that all dogs must have a microchip (2015) and cats (2023).
What is the microchip?
A professional implanter will insert an electronic chip beneath your pet’s skin at the back of the neck. The chip will contain a unique number visible when a scanner reads it. The chip is stored in a database and must have your current contact details to reunite your pet.
Battersea Microchipping Report 2021:
“63% of stray dogs records are out of date.”
Register or transfer your pet’s microchip data to Pet Database and benefit from its services. The company will liaise with your provider if there is a transfer and check for anomalies. All you do is authorise the transfer of data to Pet Database. Help is available by telephone too.
The Smart Tag is an optional extra
The Smart Tag is a modern ID tag which attaches to the collar. Your information is in a QR code with a unique 6-letter sequence. Scan the QR code with your SmartPhone camera to get the authorised contact details of a found pet. Pet owners receive scan alerts by text or email, and it’s logged on to your account. Alternatively, the finder can call Pet Database and give the unique code.
Why not join petdatabase.com?
Tel: 0330 818 8558
Whatsapp: 07700 158188
Article published in Withernsea District & Community News – August 2022
Poppy’s Pets writes for an East Yorkshire newspaper